Every wondered how a small idea can become a riot? These cupcakes were such a hit at the forums where I shared that people made repeats :) Makes me happy.
Caramel cupcakes with dark chocolate centre.This post is a part of Desserts theme for BM#35.
- In a bowl beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Once they are light and fluffy, keep them aside.
- In a nonstick pan, heat 3 tbsp sugar with 5-6 tbsp water. Once they sugar changes color to amber turn the gas off.
- Swirl the pan to cool it a bit.
- Add it to the butter and sugar and beat for a few sec.
- Add egg one at a time and beat until pale.
- Add the vanilla as well.
- Now add sifted flour, salt and baking powder alternatively with butter milk.
- Once it is nice and fluffy the batter is ready to be poured in the liners/moulds.
- Put little batter in the liners [so as to fill it 1/4th] add 1/2 tsp of the frozen ganache in the center and fill some more batter on top of the ganache.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 min.
- The cupcakes are done once when a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve with love. We made oozy cupcakes
Ganache- Melt equal qty of heavy cream and chocolate in a pan with little butter. Once all the chocolate is melted, let it cool to room temp. Put it in the fridge to add in the cupcakes.