7 Days with Instant Noodles- Day # 1.
Apologies for not writing on soon. Got stuck up with a flooded house to a no water in the house. Dont ask...crazy week. Anyway, I did manage to make a successful dish with Maggi.
Meat-less Meatballs with Tomato and corriander Sauce: I saw this on TV in a David Rocco Show. Loved the concept, hence giving it a go.
To make it meatless I used Eggplant.
To sum up there are 3 components of the Dish:
No Meat Meatballs.
- Cut eggplant in small pieces and put in boiling water until they are cooked and mashable
- Mash the eggplant and cool.
- Add the peppers, carrot, Spring onion, spices, bread crumbs and Egg/flour.
- Mix well.
- Take a pan, heat and add oil.
- Make small flattened balls and put on the pan.
- Cook until little charred [We like them that way, however you may remove them when they are golden brown.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel and rest.
- To Make Noodles:
- Boil the water and add the Noodles.
- Cook until done.
- Wash in fresh water to stop the cooking process.
- To make Sauce:
- Boil water and add the tomatoes. Cover and cook until the skin tears.
- Let it cook [Do not throw the water.
- Peel the skin and add to the water in which they were cooked.
- Puree it [I used hand blender, please be free to use a mixer.
- In a pan, put oil, add the puree cook for few min.
- Add the salt and pepper, basil, Sauce and Cherry tomatoes.
- Cook until the cherry tomatoes are a little cooked and oil floats on top.
- To Assemble:
- Put the Noodles in the sauce and give it a little toss.
- Put it on the plate to serve and add the eggplant ball to the noodles and put a little sauce from the pan and put over them.
- Serve hot.