After a long time, I cooked for a challenge where there was secret ingredient swap between a pair. Priya made this beautiful group pf like minded individuals and called it Shhhh Cooking Secretly Challenge
I am paired with Anitha for this month. She gave me Oats and Mangoes to cook with. To be frank I had never cooked with oats and I hate their taste anyway. What better way than to make it work in a dessert and even better, a dessert pizza. :)
- Dissolve yeast in water, let it froth.
- For the base-
- In a processor/mixer, add the 2 and a 1/4 cup oats with the sugar and whiz until it has a powder consistency.
- Tip it in a bowl.
- Add the yeast, oil/butter, salt and mix well.
- Add the milk, a tbsp at a time and mix it well.
- The dough shall not be very cohesive like that with the all purpose flour.
- Butter a baking tray properly and spread the base mix evenly.
- Bake in a pre heated 180C oven for 15 min or until baked and nice golden brown.
- Keep aside to cool.
- For the Topping-
- In a non stick pan, heat butter.
- Add the mangoes and a tbsp of sugar.
- Let them caramelize well.
- Now add the nutmeg and let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add the cheese, butter and cream well.
- Add the icing sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- To Assemble-
- Once the base is cooled perfectly, put a thin layer of the cream cheese mix on top.
- Now add the mango strips as you please.
- Serve with love.
I didn't take the base out of the tray. It was served from the tray itself.